“The task of each person is to find out what is blocking a life situation.” -Fritz Perls
Tension & Trauma Release Exercises
Tension & Trauma Release Exercises (or TRE®) is a simple yet innovative series of exercises that assist the body in releasing deep muscular patterns of stress, tension, and trauma. Created by Dr. David Berceli, Ph.D., TRE safely activates a natural reflex mechanism of shaking or vibrating that releases muscular tension, calming down the nervous system. When this muscular shaking/vibrating mechanism is activated in a safe and controlled environment, the body is encouraged to return back to a state of balance.
Reported Benefits Include:
- Less Worry & Anxiety
- Reduces Symptoms of PTSD
- More Energy & Endurance
- Improved Marital Relationships
- Less Workplace Stress
- Better Sleep
- Less Relationship Conflict
- Reduced Muscle & Back Pain
- Increased Flexibility
- Greater Emotional Resiliency
- Decreases Symptoms of Vicarious Trauma
- Healing of Old Injuries
- Lessened Anxiety surrounding Serious Illness
- Relief from Chronic Medical Conditions
- The therapeutic muscle tremors evoked by the TRE exercise process is a natural, internal, neuro-physiological response of the body to reduce its own stress and restore a sense of well-being.
- TRE is a body-based (somatic) process that, when done properly, through a Certified TRE Provider, can allow the individual to discharge tension from the body, which often does not require “revisiting the story.” (i.e.: verbally describing or talking about the traumatic experience)
- TRE is designed to be a self-help tool that once learned, can be used as needed, throughout one’s life, thereby continuously supporting and promoting personal health and wholeness.
- TRE can be taught as either a simple self-help, tension reduction technique in a physical exercise program, OR it can be used as an effective, complementary practice when integrated with other treatment modalities by those in the healing professions, including the treatment of PTSD and anxiety disorder recovery.
- TRE can be taught in very large groups for communities that have experienced mass trauma.
- TRE promotes cohesiveness and openness between participants and can be a helpful tool for dispute resolution. (i.e.: interpersonal, corporate and political communication)
- TRE can cross-culture and language barriers because it is based on natural physiological responses shared by all human beings.
Irwin Katsof is a certified TRE provider, having studied and worked directly with Dr. David Berceli, the Founder of TRE. To learn more about Dr. David Berceli and TRE click here https://traumaprevention.com/.